1. The Bob Shivery Show at Lunchbox Theatre (Opening Monday, Sept. 10)
The lunchtime theatre season starts Monday. If you want to skip packing a lunch one day, you can have Lunchbox do it for you—add a sandwich or wrap, juice, a piece of fruit and a dessert square for $10.
2. Nosferatu at the Empress Theatre, Fort Macleod (Monday, Sept. 10)
Even 90 years on, that clip is pretty freaky.
3. Marda Loop Justice Film Fest at River Park Church (Tuesday, Sept. 11)
The Marda Loop Justice Film Festival presents a double header: Grace, Milly, Lucy… Child Soldiers (see trailer above) an Prosecutor, about the first trials in the International Criminal Court.
4. Krief at The Gateway (Wednesday, Sept. 12)
The Dears guitarist (read my Q+A with him from Friday’s issue here) takes his new album on the road.
5. Tallest Man on Earth at MacEwan Ballroom, U of C (Thursday, Sept. 13)
See globalization in action as a Swedish man sings in English about wanting to be the King of Spain.
Honourable mentions: Drink beer, eat Nathan’s Hot Dogs at Willow Park on Tuesday; Sloan plays the Republik Wednesday; Alberta Ballet shows off some Great Masterpieces starting Thursday; Telus Spark’s monthly Adult’s Only Night Thursday.