By Jon Roe
This weekend there’s plenty of stuff going on outdoors for you to enjoy (and some places indoors to get your clothes a little dirty) as summer wanes.
1. Spaghetti Western Fest at Olympic Plaza (Saturday, Aug. 18 and Sunday, Aug. 19)
2. Evil Dead the Musical at Pumphouse Theatre (Opens Friday, Aug. 17)
Get a dose of campy horror and make yourself a souvenir: buy a white T-shirt, sit in the splatter zone and all of a sudden you’ll have a souvenir that will get you a lot of panicked looks.
3. Drive-In Movies at Deerfoot Mall (Friday, Aug. 17)
The weather’s looking fine and who can resist the charm of Indiana Jones?
4. The People’s Poetry Fest (Friday, Aug. 17 to Sunday, Aug. 19)
What better way to prime yourself for this celebration of poetry than with a Cheap Date poem by Swerve’s own Jacquie Moore?
5. Get Ready for Audiomob 2: The Headphones Strike Back
I hate to give you homework over the weekend, but if you want to take part in what the organizers describe as part flash mob, part decentralized dance party and part Jane’s Walk, then you’re going to need to download the audio (which should be available today). The gathering of the Audiomobbers happens a week from today (Friday, Aug. 24th) and it’ll look something like this:
Things To Do Honourable Mentions:
ReggaeFest at Shaw Millennium Park (Friday, Aug. 17 to Saturday, Aug. 18), Taste of Calgary at Eau Claire (Friday, Aug. 17 to Sunday, Aug. 19) and the Hot Little Rocket Reunion Show at Broken City (Friday, Aug. 17).